The Texas A&M University System recognizes the importance of fostering employee wellness. The Wellness Initiative includes a two-pronged approach: incentivizing employees to have an annual wellness exam with their physician and take a health assessment, and engaging employees in healthy behaviors through campus- and agency-based programs encouraging wellness.
Wellness Program – Receive the lowest rate on your health insurance premium
Completing an annual wellness exam and the MyEvive Health Assessment* will ensure that you have the lowest rate for your health insurance premiums.
Highlights of the Wellness Incentive:
- Have a wellness exam and complete the Health Assessment between September 1 and June 30.
- Applies to employees AND covered spouses enrolled in the A&M Care Plan.
- A premium reduction of $30 per month will be applied for each individual (you and your spouse) who completes the wellness exam and health assessment by the June 30 deadline.
- Retirees will automatically receive the lower premium.
- You can verify your completion status for the wellness premium incentive by logging into or registering for your MyEvive account at tamus.myevive.com.
If you choose not to participate in the wellness premium incentive program, you will not receive the $30 premium reduction. Contact MyEvive member services if you believe you have completed the exam incentive, but the information is not reflected in your MyEvive account. (note: remember that it can take 6 to 8 weeks from the time of your wellness exam for the claim to process and the incentive to show on your MyEvive account)
*The alternate health assessment available on Well onTarget through Blue Access for Members (BAM) can also count toward your wellness credit
Registering for your MyEvive account:
- Go to tamus.myevive.com
- Click on “Register”
- Enter your ID#, which is your BCBSTX member ID on your health insurance card (your UIN)(Both employee and spouse will use the employee UIN to register)
- Click on either “Employee/Subscriber” or “Spouse/Domestic Partner”
- Enter your first name, last name, and date of birth
- Click “Next”
- Enter and confirm your email address
- Create, enter and confirm your password
- Enter your phone number
- Select whether you would prefer contact by email or text
- Check the box to accept the terms and conditions
- Click “Next”
- Indicate which statement best describes you
- Click “Create My Account”
Logging into your MyEvive account to check your incentive status:
- Go to tamus.myevive.com and log in
- Click on the “Check my wellness incentive” card
Naturally Slim is a program offered to you by your A&M System health plan which helps participants lose weight and decrease the risk factors for metabolic syndrome. It is based on behavior modification instead of dieting.
Well onTarget is a health and wellness resource provided by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas through your Blue Access for Members (BAM) account. Log into BAM and click Well onTarget under the quick links to find the alternate HA, self-instructed courses on a variety of wellness topics such as stress, nutrition, and improving your sleep. Work with a wellness coach, or earn Blue Points for completing healthy activities.
MyEvive and your Benefit Resources
MyEvive is a digital resource that provides healthcare recommendations and personalized tips for getting the most out of your The Texas A&M University System benefits.
Wellness Release Time
Some campuses and agencies within the A&M System offer Wellness Release Time. Check with your HR office to see if your campus or agency participates!
Blue Care Connection
Blue Care Connection further supports members in reducing their risk factors for metabolic syndrome (glucose intolerance, hypertension, high cholesterol and obesity). Contact Blue Cross and Blue Shield to learn more.
Tobacco Cessation Products and Services
Tobacco cessation products and services are provided by both MyEvive and Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas at no cost to an employee enrolled in a Blue Cross and Blue Shield health plan.
Silver Sneakers (Retirees – 65 Plus Only)
Silver Sneakers is a wellness program which encourages gym membership for 65 Plus plan participants.
Mental and Emotional Wellness
Deer Oaks EAP
Deer Oaks Employee Assistance Program offers in-person and telephonic counseling services, training, and a variety of resources to help employees deal with subjects such as stress management, moving, parenting, the death of a loved one, and conflicts at work. Free will preparation and a variety of legal topics are also included. Get the Deer Oaks website login information from your HR/Benefits department to access valuable information and resources through their web portal.
Well onTarget offers stress management and lifestyle coaching in addition to its health courses.
Retirement Programs (TDA/DCP)
You have a choice of additional optional retirement plans which are intended to supplement your mandatory retirement plan (TRS or ORP) as a Texas A&M University System employee. More information can be found on the Retirement Programs website.
Periodically, our retirement vendors post financial webinars about saving for retirement, asset planning, and more. Vendor websites are also located on the Retirement Programs website.
“Answer the Call” video – BCBSTX wants to help you!
Benefit Value Advisor video – How BCBSTX can help you find the best care at the best price.