You have a choice of additional optional retirement plans which are intended to supplement your mandatory retirement plan (TRS or ORP) as a Texas A&M University System employee. This page provides information on preparing for retirement, moving through the transition to retirement, and post-retirement.
Questions about any of this information? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will forward your message to the appropriate Human Resources office.
Mandatory Programs – TRS and ORP
- An Overview of TRS and ORP for ORP-Eligible Employees
- TRS website
- ORP/TRS Contribution Rate Chart
- Selecting an ORP Vendor
- ORP Vendors List
- ORP Fee Summary
- ORP Fixed Annuity Product Summary
- Guidelines for ORP Transfers and Rollovers
Voluntary Programs – TDA and DCP
- Overview of TDA and Texa$aver DCP
- Maximum Contribution Limits for TDA and Texa$aver DCP
- Texa$aver DCP
- TDA vendors list
- Selecting a TDA Vendor
- TDA Fee Summary
- TDA Fixed Annuity Product Summary
- Guidelines for TDA Transfers and Rollovers
- Texa$aver Comparison for the 403b and and 457
Plan Information for ORP/TDA
Planning to Retire
You can retire and begin to receive TAMUS retiree benefits once you meet eligibility criteria. Please review, A Look Ahead: A Guide to Retiring from the A&M System to become familiar with rules under current state law.
A Look Ahead: A Guide to Retiring from the A&M System
TRS – Planning Your Retirement
Frequently Asked Questions
Universal Availability Notice
Retirement Manager (online retirement savings tool for ORP/TDA participants)
SEC Calculators for Investors
- TRS 6 Form To be completed by employees to apply for a refund of their TRS contributions.
- Video “How to Apply for a Refund” This video describes the basic steps on how to apply for a refund of your TRS contributions.
- ORP Information Acknowledgment Form To be completed by new ORP-eligible employees indicating receipt of information regarding the ORP. (HR 12)
- ORP/TDA Representative Acknowledgment Form To be completed by prospective authorized representatives wishing to market ORP and/or TDA Investment funds and submitted to vendors for approval. (HR 13)
- ORP Notification of Change in Employment Status To be completed by employees participating in ORP who transfer to another institution of higher education in Texas, terminate, retire or request a distribution upon reaching age 70 1/2 (or completed by the Human Resources or Payroll office in the event of the employee’s death). (HR 15)
- ORP/TDA Transfer Verification Form To be completed by employees with ORP and/or TDA accounts requesting full or partial transfers of account balance(s) to another authorized ORP and/or TDA vendor(s). (HR 16)
- TDA Notification of Change in Employment Status To be completed by employees participating in TDA who terminate, retire, or request a distribution upon reaching 59 1/2 (completed by Human Resources or Payroll office in the event of the employee’s death).(HR 18)
- ORP Vesting Form To be completed by System Member Human Resources or payroll office. (HR 19)
- TRS 28 Election to Participate in ORP
- TDA/DCP One-Time Lump Sum Deferral Form To be completed by employees who want to defer their lump sum vacation payout to their TDA or DCP account
- ORP/TDA Military Leave Catch Up Form
Retirement and Financial Videos
TDA Loan and Hardship Process
Note: Retirement Manager must be used to obtain a loan or hardship withdrawal certificate. A certificate will be issued if you are determined to be eligible for the loan or hardship according to the information provided by your vendor(s). The certificate must be included with your vendor’s form in order to receive the loan or hardship. If you have questions regarding this process, please contact System Benefits Administration at (979) 458-6330.