Life and AD&D Insurance
The Hartford is the life insurance carrier for the A&M System. The plan offers Basic Life, Dependent Life, and Optional Life to benefit-eligible employees.
You may choose Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage on yourself only or on yourself and your family. Coverage on you pays you a benefit if you have certain injuries as the result of an accident and pays a benefit to your beneficiary if you die from injuries that result from an accident. Family AD&D coverage pays you a benefit if a covered dependent is killed or has certain injuries as the result of an accident. If you choose family coverage, all of your eligible dependents are automatically covered. The plan pays benefits only when death or injury is the result of an accident. The plan pays full benefits for certain losses and partial benefits for other losses.
For more information, view the AD&D Booklet.
Value Added Services
OG Benefits, LLC
- Year round Customer Service line to answer Life, Dependent Life and Retiree Life Insurance questions:
- 833-867-5300 (Spanish speaking representatives are available)
- Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri 8am-5pm; Sat 8am-12pm
- Assistance with Evidence of Insurability questions
- Assistance with Beneficiary questions under Texas law
- Death Claim support and additional services, including survivor’s questions
- Advice on special circumstances, i.e. Accelerated Death Benefits
Funeral Planning and Concierge Services by Everest
The Hartford’s Funeral Concierge offers a suite of online tools and live support to help guide you through key decisions. It allows for pre-planning, documentation of wishes, and even offers cost comparisons of funeral-related expenses. After a loss, this service includes family advocacy and professional negotiation of funeral prices with local providers – often resulting in significant savings.
- Call toll-free: 1-866-854-5429
- Visit: www.everestfuneral.com/hartford
EstateGuidance Will Services
Whether your assets are few or many, it’s important to have a will. Through The Hartford you and your enrolled spouse have access to EstateGuidance Will Services. You might have the best of intentions, but without a will, they are not legally binding. Take this opportunity to put your intentions into action from the convenience of your home. This service helps you protect your family’s future by creating a free will online – backed by online support from licensed attorneys.
- The online will is simple to create, legally binding and will save you the time and expense of a private legal consultation.
- There is no fee to create your will.
- If you have questions while creating your will, the online education center provides answers regarding family law. You can also access licensed attorneys who will respond to you online.
- All information is kept secure and confidential with the latest encryption technology.
- Additional estate planning services are also available for purchase, including the creation of living wills and trusts, guidance about divorce proceedings and durable power of attorney.
- Visit EstateGuidance website and use the code in the EstateGuidance flyer to begin preparing your personal will.
Beneficiary Assist Counseling Services (Including HealthChampion)
The Hartford offers you Beneficiary Assist counseling that can help you or your beneficiaries (named in your policy) cope with emotional, financial and legal issues that arise after a loss. Includes unlimited phone contact with a counselor, attorney or financial planner and five face-to-face sessions for up to a year from the date a claim is filed.
Note: HealthChampion is a service component included with Beneficiary Assist and provides healthcare related administrative and clinical support services for those that are diagnosed as terminally ill. For more information call 1.800.411.7239
Travel Assistance and ID Theft and Protection Services
Travel Assistance with ID Theft Protection includes pre-trip information to help you feel more secure while traveling. It can also help you access professionals across the globe for medical assistance when traveling 100+ miles from home for 90 days or less. ID Theft services are available to you and your family at home or when traveling. In addition to prevention education, this service provides advice and help with administrative tasks resulting from identity theft:
- Fraud alert to three credit bureaus
- Resolution guidance and assistance
- Personal services such as translation
For more information, call 1.800.243.6108.