Notices & Reminders
Required Employee Notices
The Texas A&M University System is committed to ensuring the safety and health of its employees and various policies and regulations have been established for that purpose. As an employee, you should be aware of federal and state laws and The Texas A&M University System regulations that affect you in the workplace. Annual required notices or information that merits a reminder may be found at the following link: http://www.tamus.edu/assets/files/hr/booklets/AnnualEmployeeNotices.pdf
- HIV/AIDS in the Workplace Published by the Texas Department of Health.
- Prevention of Alcohol Abuse and Illicit Drug Use Brochure about A&M System policy and regulations, legal sanctions and health risks related to alcohol abuse and illicit drug use. (July 2022)
- Vacation leave that exceed the maximum number of hours allowed by the state schedule will automatically be credited to the employee’s sick leave balance on the first day of the next fiscal year. Workday instructions to review carryover balance can be found on the Workday help website, “Where can I see how many hours of my vacation time will roll to sick time at the end of the fiscal year?”
- Flexible Work Arrangement agreements should be reviewed at least annually and a new form completed when changes are made to the agreement.
- External Employment forms require renewal each fiscal year or when the external employment arrangement is altered. See system regulation 31.05.02 External Employment for more information.
- Dress Code for System Offices employees is determined by the Chancellor or designee.
- Smoking and Use of Tobacco Products, reference the System Offices Rules 34.05.99.S1 for more information.
- Leave of Absence with Pay System Regulation which includes information regarding death of a family member, jury duty, etc. (Note, currently a waiver is in place, until May 31, 2023, regarding use of emergency leave for death of a family member. The waiver outlines employees are not required to use the emergency leave within 30 days of the date of death.)
The law requires that employment-related federal and state workplace notices be displayed in a prominent place in your department, including offices in locations outside the Moore/Connally Building. The required notices below may also be found on display in your department’s break room or common area.
Required Federal Workplace Posters
- Equal Employment Opportunity Act (English) (Spanish)
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Minimum Wage Act (FLSA)
- USERRA Notice – Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act
- E-Verify (English & Spanish)
- Right to Work (English) (Spanish)
Required State Workplace Posters
- Texas Hazard Communication Act (English) (Spanish)
- Unemployment Compensation Act and Texas Payday Law
- Texas Whistle-blower Act
- Worker’s Compensation Communicable Disease (English) (Spanish)
- Employer Notification of Ombudsman Program to Employee (English) (Spanish)
- Notice to Employees Concerning Workers’ Compensation in Texas (English) (Spanish)