Your health plan includes support for you and your covered family members from nurses and other medical professionals called health advisors. This extra support is at no added cost to you.
BCBSTX may call to help you:
- Get the care you need for serious illnesses and injuries
- Have a healthy pregnancy and baby
- If you have been in the hospital or have had a major surgery
- If you have an upcoming surgery scheduled
- If you have recently been to the emergency room
Calls from health advisors are not sales calls. The health advisor may ask you for information, like your name, date of birth or home address, to make sure they are talking to the right person. They will not ask for your social security number or any banking or credit card information.
You can connect with an advisor on your own schedule, by using your Blue Access for Members account to set the time you want your health advisor to call or send a message.