Open Enrollment is right around the corner and it is a great time to review your benefits. How often did you go to the dentist this past year? Are you filling maintenance prescriptions that might be cheaper through mail order? Did you complete your two-step wellness program incentive tasks? These are questions to consider when thinking about next year’s benefit elections.
IMPORTANT: All Open Enrollment meetings will be virtual this year!
System Benefits Administration will conduct virtual open enrollment meetings by Webex throughout the month of July. A calendar is posted on the Open Enrollment website and below with information on how to attend your virtual Open Enrollment meeting. Please save this information so you are ready to either call in or log into your meeting by computer.
Here are plan updates for September 1:
- The employee premium for full-time employees will remain the same for the 6th year in a row! Part-time employee premiums are increasing slightly. Retiree and Grad Plan rates will reduce slightly. Premium sheets for all plans can be found on the Open Enrollment website on June 15th.
- Delta Dental premiums will remain the same for both the HMO and PPO plans. Night-guards are being added to coverage under the PPO plan.
- The telemedicine services provided by physicians and specialists during the pandemic will continue to be available and covered by the medical plans. You can utilize these services from an offering physician for the standard copay amount. MDLIVE will continue to have a $10 copay.
- The Grad Plan telemedicine provider is changing from MDLive to AHP Live Care. There will no longer be a copay to use this service if enrolled in the Grad Plan.
- Preventive dental cleanings and preventive eye examinations are being added as eligible tasks on the MyEvive Two-Step Personalized checklist. Dental cleaning includes scaling and root planing. Completing one of these tasks in FY22 will count towards your two-step credit in FY23 if you are enrolled in the A&M Care plan!
- The Healthcare Flexible Spending Account maximum will remain $2,750. However, the extended grace period set by the COVID-19 Relief Bill is in effect for FY21. Read more here. It is important to remember that you must re-enroll in an FSA every year.
- Retirees enrolled in the Medicare Part D prescription drug plan through Express Scripts can now take advantage of a broader pharmacy network for 90-day prescriptions. You will have the option to fill acute, maintenance, and specialty medication prescriptions through 63,000+ retail pharmacies, as well as through home delivery from the Express Scripts® Pharmacy or Accredo® Specialty Pharmacy. This includes all major chains such as Walgreens and CVS, with the exception of Publix. Maintenance medications can be filled for up to 90 day supplies at any pharmacy in the Broad Performance Medicare Network. To find out more information or to locate a pharmacy, contact Express Scripts Medicare customer service at 1-855-895-4647.
- Employees enrolled in the Prescription Drug plan through Express Scripts can now take advantage of the Smart90 network. Within this network, you can switch your 30-day supply of daily medication to a 90-day supply and have it delivered to your home by Express Scripts Pharmacy or at a participating retail pharmacy. If the cost of a medication at a retail pharmacy is lower than your plan’s retail copayment or coinsurance, you will not pay more than the retail pharmacy’s cash price, regardless of the number of times you purchase the prescription. In some cases, this price may be less than either your standard retail or mail copayment or coinsurance, so it may save you money. If your doctor prescribes you a daily medication or if you’re already taking one, ask for a 90-day prescription to participate—or visit express-scripts.com/3month today. The Smart90 network does not include CVS Pharmacies, and is restricted to 90-day refills. All other prescription drug fills can be claimed at any in-network pharmacy. Contact Express Scripts customer service at 1-866-544-6970 to locate a pharmacy or find out more information.
A full description of your coverage and exclusions for each plan can be found in the plan’s Summary Plan Description booklet, available on the Open Enrollment website on June 15th.
Open Enrollment Webinar Series
This summer, stay tuned for a full webinar series on all of your optional benefit programs! Beginning June 15th and running through September 15th, join a webinar almost every week. Don’t forget to register! All programs are subject to eligibility requirements such as plan participation and status.
- MDLive – June 8th at 11:00 AM
- MyEvive – June 15th at 11:00 AM
- Omada Health – June 24th at 11:00 AM
- Airrosti – July 13th at 11:00 AM
- ComPsych Guidance Resources – July 27th at 11:00 AM
- Ovia Health – August 3rd at 11:00 AM
- WonDr Health – August 10th at 11:00 AM
- Hinge Health – August 17th at 11:00 AM
- Livongo – August 24th at 11:00 AM
- Well onTarget – September 7th at 11:00 AM