Express Scripts mail-order is a convenient way to get your prescription drugs delivered to your home and ensure you stay adherent to your medication by planning in advance. You will also receive reduced copays for getting a 90-day supply via mail-order rather than purchasing a 60-day supply at retail for eligible drugs.
Benefits of Using Mail-Order Services
One of the greatest problems associated with maintenance medications is adherence. Maintenance drugs are medications prescribed for chronic, long-term conditions that are taken on a regular, recurring basis. Using a mail-order service to refill your maintenance prescriptions is a convenient way to ensure you have enough of the medication delivered directly to your home. Express Scripts mail-order service provides the following benefits:
- Get up to a 90-day supply of each covered medication for a lower co-payment – two copays rather than three (subject to plan limitations, rules, and state regulations, such as controlled substances).
- Registered pharmacists are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Order refills online, by mail, or by phone – anytime day or night. To order online, register at www.express-scripts.com. Refills are usually delivered within 8 days after Express Scripts receives your order.
- Choose a convenient payment option – check, money order, credit card, or Express Scripts automatic payment program
- Automatic Refills
- Standard shipping is free
Submitting a Prescription through Mail Order
Your 90-day mail-order prescription should be sent to:
Express Scripts, Inc. P.O. Box 650322 Dallas, Texas 75265-0322
Or, you may ask your doctor to call 1-888-327-9791 for instructions on how to fax the prescription to Express Scripts (ESI). Your doctor will need to use your social security number or ESI member ID number to complete the transaction. (Only doctors can fax prescriptions to ESI.)
Order Delivery Times
First-time orders arrive within 8 to 11 days. Refills usually arrive in less time – 7 to 9 days, however, you can call to request expedited delivery. At www.express-scipts.com you can review detailed order status information. The best time to reorder is when you have about a 14-day supply of your medication remaining. This will help ensure that the medication is received when it is needed.