Exciting news! As of September 1, 2020, several new health partner programs are in effect in collaboration with your Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) insurance plans. If you are enrolled in the A&M Care, 65 Plus, and J plans, you may be eligible to participate in Hinge Health, Omada, or Livongo.
If you experience chronic back, hip, or knee pain, you might want to check out Hinge Health. This is a 12-week, coach-led digital musculoskeletal (MSK) program based on proven nonsurgical care guidelines. It is delivered remotely using mobile and wearable technology. Hinge Health is focused on 3 core pillars:
- Exercise Therapy –Wearable sensors and tablet provided for real-time movements feedback.
- Behavioral Health – Cognitive behavioral therapy and unlimited 1:1 coaching.
- Education – Personalized and interactive education curriculum.
Participants go through a clinical screening to determine eligibility. You can submit the screening questionnaire at https://hingehealth.com/ if you are interested in the program. Your eligible Blue Cross and Blue Shield insurance plan will cover the program cost if you are accepted!
Omada is a digital lifestyle change program to help reduce the risks of type 2 diabetes and heart disease, and hypertension. Omada brings together the individualized attention of professional health coaches with a researched curriculum and manageable but powerful goals.
- It helps connects the dots between knowing how to get healthy and actually doing it.
- You get the support and tools you need, including an interactive program, wireless scale, health coach, and more.
Participants go through an application process to determine eligibility. Both the program and shipping are free to you if you are accepted into the program, and enrolled in the above health plans. Visit https://omadahealth.com to take the one-minute risk screener. You are eligible to apply if the screener results indicate a risk – then you can complete the online application.
Livongo is a program specifically for those diagnosed with Type I or Type II diabetes or hypertension. You will be contacted by Livongo if you are determined to be eligible for the program. You cannot apply to join the program without being contacted.
The Livongo diabetes program includes:
- An advanced meter
- Unlimited strips and lancets
- 24/7 support from Livongo Expert Coaches
The Livongo hypertension program includes:
- Free, connected blood pressure monitor
- Better blood pressure management
- Personalized support