The Special Meeting of The Texas A&M University System Board of Regents scheduled for today, Thursday, Dec. 18, at 3:30 p.m. is cancelled.
The responsibilities of The A&M System Board of Regents are to:
- Oversee the administration and set policy direction for the System’s 11 universities, seven state agencies, two service units and health science center;
- Ensure a quality undergraduate and graduate education experience for all students;
- Promote academic research and technology to benefit the state of Texas and the nation;
- Disseminate programs of the A&M System across the state through outreach and public service efforts; and
- Support the state legislative and higher education leadership to position Texas at the forefront of higher education nationally.