Administrative changes involve the creation of or changes to an academic administrative unit at a university or health-related institution.
These changes include:
- The creation of new administrative units–colleges, schools, divisions, departments.
- Changes to existing administrative units, such as a:
- name change;
- consolidation of existing units;
- moving degree programs into another unit
Department level administrative changes, such as the creation of, renaming, consolidation of existing units, the elimination of an existing unit or movement of an existing unit into another unit, are reviewed by the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and do not require BOR approval. This also includes the reorganization of degree programs into different administrative units. These types of changes typically have little to no implementation costs.
Submission Process and Required Documents
All administrative change requests are submitted through Laserfiche Forms. To access, Laserfiche Forms click here or the button below. If you need assistance click here to visit our Laserfiche Help webpage.
Required Documentation and Format
Please include all of the required forms for the desired request.
Institutional Degree Inventory
The academic administrative unit referenced in this action refers to those units with degree-granting authorization. These are found in degree inventory which can be found and downloaded from the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) website.
An annotated degree inventory should be included with each administrative change request. The annotated degree inventory should include the current sections of the degree inventory (e.g. college(s), department(s), and degree programs) that are impacted by the proposed change.
Follow the steps below to access the institutional degree inventory:
- Open an internet browser and go to http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/apps/programinventory/InvSearch.cfm.
- Select ‘Public Universities’ in the Institution Type field.
- Select the desired institution from the provided list in the Institution drop-down menu.
- Select the desired report format (PDF or Excel).
- Select ‘Institutional Administrative Structure’ in the Order by field.
- Click the Produce Inventory button.