The Institutional Compliance practice area provides legal advice and guidance on a myriad of compliance issues that present challenges to the members of The Texas A&M University System. Those issues most often arise in the following areas of the law: Research Compliance and Scientific Misconduct; Health Law; Immigration; Export Control; NCAA Compliance; Environmental Health and Safety; and the many requirements that the Department of Education imposes upon institutions of higher education.
A compliance program is measured by the following Federal Sentencing Guidelines:
- Oversight and interest by high level institutional personnel;
- Appropriate written policies and procedures;
- Adequate training and education of those who are responsible;
- Effective lines of communication to report compliance issues;
- Enforcement of standards through established guidelines;
- Internal monitoring of compliance programs;
- Appropriate response and corrective action plans; and
- Conducting periodic risk assessments.
It is our responsibility to help our clients achieve effective compliance programs in accordance with these guidelines.