A&M System Offices HUB Program
Agency Number: 710
The A&M System Offices is committed to a business program of advocacy, education, knowledge, development and utilization that will achieve Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) procurement participation.
The Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) program is a State of Texas initiative to increase the opportunities available to businesses owned by minorities and women in the area of state procurement and contracting. A HUB is a sole proprietor, partnership, or corporation in which at least 51 percent of the stock or other equitable securities are owned by one or more persons who are members of the following groups: Asian Pacific Americans, Black Americans, Hispanic Americans, Native Americans, women, and service disabled veterans. These individuals must have a proportionate interest in the control, operation, and management of the business, as well as, their principal place of business must be located in Texas.
The A&M System Office HUB Program ensures the system’s good faith effort to include HUB businesses in its procurement efforts. This good faith effort involves evaluating and determining HUB Subcontracting opportunities, administration of the university’s HUB mentor/protégé program, participating in marketing and outreach efforts for HUB participation, and HUB reporting to the Texas State Comptroller.
A&M System Office of HUB & Procurement Programs is responsible for:
- Identifying and promoting the use of HUBs to meet the procurement needs of the System Offices
- Hosting, sponsoring, and attending forums, fairs, and events to recruit and utilize HUBs.
- Encouraging the use of the Mentor/Protégé Program and sponsoring eligible teams for major construction projects.
- Developing and implementing HUB Program initiatives.
- Providing HUB training and assistance to staff.
- Monitoring HUB compliance
FY21 A&M SYSTEM HUB GOALS
- 11.2% for HEAVY CONSTRUCTION other than building contracts
- 26% for all BUILDING CONSTRUCTION, including general contractors and operative builders’ contracts
- 11% for SPECIAL TRADE CONSTRUCTION contracts
- 38% for PROFESSIONAL SERVICES contracts
- 11% for all OTHER SERVICES contracts
- 44% for COMMODITIES contracts
System Office of Facilities, Planning and Construction
- The A&M System office uses an online bidding application referred to as AggieBid which can be found at the following site: AggieBid
- The A&M System office posts all solicitations estimated at $25,000 or over on the Texas Smart Buy at the following site: http://www.txsmartbuy.com/sp. Input “710” for the Agency Number and select “Posted” for the status to perform your search.
- Trade Organizations and Development Centers
System Offices HUB Subcontracting Plan (HSP) Forms
System Offices Previous Year HSP Forms
System Offices HUB Policy, Regulation and Rule
System Offices HUB Reports