Thursday, September 28, 2023 from 9am – 11am | Register
– Learn about the State of Texas Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) certification
– Learn how to navigate the HUB certification portal to apply for or renew certification
– Learn which documents are required for certification
– Be able to ask your questions during the workshop!
North Texas Facilities Expo
Wednesday, October 4th – Thursday, October 5th at the
E-Sports Stadium Arlington & Expo Center in Arlington, TX | Register
Galveston Engineering Classroom & Research Build Project Pre-Bid
Monday, October 9, 2023 from 2pm – 4pm at
The Aggie Special Events Center (ASEC), Room 205 located at
1200 Seawolf Parkway, Galveston, TX 77554 and virtually
| *Scan QR code on flyer to register* |
2023 Texas A&M University/SSC HUB Construction Expo
October 11th from 9 – 12pm at the
Hildebrand Equine Center – Auditorium in College Station, TX
| Click for the Registration form
*Note: Email completed registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration ends Friday, September 28, 2023.*
Texas Department of Emergency Management (TDEM) Headquarters &
State Emergency Operation Center (SEOC) Project
*Click here for slides from pre-proposal conference held on 8/1/23.*
Future Upcoming Bid Opportunities:
Bid Package #1A – Chiller & Generator Procurement
Bid Package #1.5A – Shallow Foundations, U/S MEP, Tilt Wall
Bid Package #2 – Super-Structure, Skin, MEPF, Elevators, & Interior Buildout
Bid Package #3 – Finishes / Landscaping & Site Improvements,
**Garage & Warehouse ALTERNATIVES
Email Regina Adams at email@example.com
for more information including bid due dates.
HUB Workshop Recordings (click here to view all)
– 2023 Q1 HUB Workshop | CMAR RFP Section 1.16 & HUBA Plan
– 2023 Q2 HUB Workshop | HSP Form & Good Faith Effort
– 2023 Q3 HUB Workshop | The HSP Progress Assessment Report (PAR) Form (coming soon)
About the A&M System Offices HUB Program
The A&M System Offices is committed to a business program of advocacy, education, knowledge, development and utilization that will achieve Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) procurement participation.
The Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) program is a State of Texas initiative to increase the opportunities available to businesses owned by minorities and women in the area of state procurement and contracting. A HUB is a sole proprietor, partnership, or corporation in which at least 51 percent of the stock or other equitable securities are owned by one or more persons who are members of the following groups: Asian Pacific Americans, Black Americans, Hispanic Americans, Native Americans, women, and service disabled veterans. These individuals must have a proportionate interest in the control, operation, and management of the business, as well as, their principal place of business must be located in Texas.
The A&M System Office HUB Program ensures the system’s good faith effort to include HUB businesses in its procurement efforts. This good faith effort involves evaluating and determining HUB Subcontracting opportunities, administration of the university’s HUB mentor/protégé program, participating in marketing and outreach efforts for HUB participation, and HUB reporting to the Texas State Comptroller.
A&M System Office of HUB & Procurement Programs is responsible for:
- Identifying and promoting the use of HUBs to meet the procurement needs of the System Offices
- Hosting, sponsoring, and attending forums, fairs, and events to recruit and utilize HUBs
- Encouraging the use of the Mentor/Protégé Program and sponsoring eligible teams for major construction projects
- Developing and implementing HUB Program initiatives
- Providing HUB training and assistance to staff
- Monitoring HUB compliance
FY23 A&M SYSTEM HUB GOALS
- 10% for HEAVY CONSTRUCTION other than building contracts
- 30% for all BUILDING CONSTRUCTION, including general contractors and operative builders’ contracts
- 10% for SPECIAL TRADE CONSTRUCTION contracts
- 35% for PROFESSIONAL SERVICES contracts
- 11% for all OTHER SERVICES contracts
- 44% for COMMODITIES contracts
- The A&M System office uses an online bidding application referred to as AggieBid which can be found at the following site: AggieBid
- The A&M System office posts all solicitations estimated at $25,000 or over on the Texas Smart Buy at the following site: http://www.txsmartbuy.com/sp. Input “710” for the Agency Number and select “Posted” for the status to perform your search.
- HUB Advocacy Organizations
HUB Vendors Utilized in Prior Years
- Building Construction FY20 to FY22
- Professional Services FY20 to FY22
- Commodities FY20 to FY22
- Other Services FY20 to FY22
System Offices HUB Subcontracting Plan (HSP) Forms
System Office of Facilities, Planning and Construction
System Offices HUB Policy, Regulation and Rule
System Offices HUB Reports
Click here to visit the Texas Comptroller’s website where you may view the System Office’s HUB Reports. To locate the data for the System Office, search for agency number “710”.