Emergency Management & Public Safety
Emergency Management & Public safety
Active Shooter Safety Videos
In the past two decades, horrific mass shootings have been thrust into the public consciousness. The average time for police response to an active attack event is three (3) minutes and research has shown that many of these events are over before law enforcement responders arrive on the scene. Civilians who find themselves in such an event should be prepared to take immediate action to save their own lives before law enforcement arrives. Without preplanned response options for civilians at the scene of an attack, many victims can be seriously injured or killed during the three minutes it can take for help to arrive.
PLEASE NOTE: Some of the following videos require employees to login to TrainTraq in order to view.
Safety Videos and Resources
- Avoid Deny Defend– An 11.5 minute overview of how to save your life in an Active Shooter Event
- 2111161 : Flash Point – This 13-minute video provides guidance for identifying and addressing behaviors of concern early as a way of preventing violence in the workplace. Content provided by Center for Personal Protection & Safety hosted by TrainTraq.
- 2111114 : Shots Fired – This 10-minute video provides guidance for recognizing and responding to an extreme violent situation. Content provided by Center for Personal Protection & Safety hosted by TrainTraq.
- 2113962 : Shots Fired and Flash Point on Campus – This course is a 30-minute video that provides guidance for identifying and addressing behaviors of concern early as a way of preventing violence on campus; and provides guidance for surviving an active shooter situation on campus. Content provided by the Center for Personal Protection & Safety hosted by TrainTraq.
- Department of Homeland Security Active Shooter Preparedness – Training, videos, brochures, and more for individualized audiences.
Questions regarding these programs can be directed to Maeci Hoffman Assistant Director.