Recertification of System Records Retention Schedule
The System Records Retention Schedule must be submitted to the state records administrator for recertification once every five years.
The following process is employed:
- The System Records Management Officer (RMO) makes the required changes in the System Schedule.
- The revised Schedule is sent to the Member Records Officers for review and comment.
- All proposed revisions to the Schedule are reviewed for approval by the RMO.
- The revised System Schedule is sent to The Texas State Library and Archives Commission in Austin for recertification.
- Negotiations take place with the Commission to resolve issues.
- Final revised Schedule is submitted for approval.
- The RMO notifies A&M System Records Officers when the Schedule is approved and posts the new Schedule on this website.