A&M System Member Procurement
Each A&M System member is responsible for its own purchasing. Vendors are strongly encouraged to contact the appropriate purchasing department at each member where the requisitions for the goods and/or services your company provides are processed. A&M System procurement directors/managers contact information is listed below.
Laws, Codes, Polices and Regulations
The Texas A&M University System is committed to complying with the existing laws, codes, policies and regulations governing the procurement of goods and/or services. The governing laws, codes, policies, and regulations are as follows:
- Texas Education Code 51
- The Texas A&M University System Policy 25.07, Contract Administration
- The Texas A&M University System Regulation 25.07.03, Acquisition of Goods and/or Services
In addition to the above, each System member has its own purchasing rules and procedures. Vendors are strongly encouraged to contact each System members purchasing department for their rules and procedures.
Code of Ethics
The A&M System prescribes to the National Association of Educational Procurement (NAEP) Code of Ethics.
- Give first consideration to the objectives and policies of my institution.
- Strive to obtain the maximum value for each dollar of expenditure.
- Decline personal gifts or gratuities.
- Grant all competitive suppliers equal consideration insofar as state or federal statute and institutional policy permit.
- Conduct business with potential and current suppliers in an atmosphere of good faith, devoid of intentional misrepresentation.
- Demand honesty in sales representation whether offered through the medium of a verbal or written statement, an advertisement, or a sample of the product.
- Receive consent of originator of proprietary ideas and designs before using them for competitive purchasing purposes.
- Make every reasonable effort to negotiate an equitable and mutually agreeable settlement of any controversy with a supplier; and/or be willing to submit any major controversies to arbitration or other authorized third party review, insofar as the established policies of my institution permit.
- Accord a prompt and courteous reception insofar as conditions permit to all who call on legitimate business missions.
- Cooperate with trade, industrial and professional associations, and with governmental and private agencies for the purposes of promoting and developing sound business methods.
- Foster fair, ethical and legal trade practices.
- Counsel and cooperate with NAEP members and promote a spirit of unity and a keen interest in professional growth among them.
System Member Procurement Contacts