Risk Management FormsRisk Management Guide
The Risk Management team manages over one hundred property and casualty insurance policies for The Texas A&M University System and its Members. It investigates claims for personal injury and property damage, negotiates settlement of theft and property damage, coordinates loss prevention and risk reduction actions, works closely with each Member’s Risk Management Contact, develops proposed written policy and procedures, manages the central data system, and initiates third party recovery and subrogation of property damage claims. Procedures and information can be found within the System Risk Guide.
Risk Analysis and Control Policy Statement
- Applying principles of risk management at every level for the purpose of:
- Identifying and evaluating risks,
- Avoiding or eliminating them where practical, and
- Minimizing, controlling or contractually transferring them when possible.
- When practical, retain risk that can be self-insured from current funds without seriously affecting the financial condition of the organization.
- Purchasing insurance coverage when:
- The risk is catastrophic in nature or beyond the capacity of the organization to absorb from current funds and when the purchase of insurance is permitted by law for a state agency, or
- The expenditure for premiums is justified by services incidental to the insurance contract, or other expected benefits, or
- Required by law or contract.
For questions, please feel free to contact us.