This is just a place to start. For each tool below, there are many alternatives and many of these tools fit in several categories.
- Card Sort – a method used to help design or evaluate the information architecture of a site.
- Google Analytics – shows you the full customer picture across ads and videos, websites and social tools, tablets and smartphones. That makes it easier to serve your current customers and win new ones.
Wireframing & UX design
- LucidChart – wireframing & diagramming
- UXPin – wireframing with collaboration & responsive design tools built in
- Just in Mind – Free – wireframing & diagramming. Can also use to do dual view on desktop and mobile devices
- Paper and pencil 🙂
- Paper note cards or sticky notes for card sorting
- OptimalSort – one of many card sorting tools available online
- Chalkmark – one of many screenshot / prototype testing tools available
- Zurb Apps – tools for user design surveys, prototype testing and interface feedback
- Silverback or Camtasia – tools for recording usability tests. Camtasia is available through Texas A&M IT!
- UserTesting.com – on-demand usability testing, testers provided.
- See this sample video for the Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital