Outstanding Employee Service Award
The Outstanding Employee Service Awards annually recognize the accomplishments of two individuals employed within the System Offices. The two award recipients will be recognized by the Chancellor at the System Offices annual meeting in December. They will each receive a check in the amount of $1,500 and a commemorative plaque. Nominations for 2019 are due by November 20, 2019 at 5:00 pm.
Nominations are solicited from all System Offices employees, as well as employees of other System members. To be eligible for consideration, an employee must meet the following criteria:
1. The nominee must have two years of continuous service within the System Offices in a full-time budgeted position below the rank of Vice Chancellor as of the date of the nomination.
2. The nominee may not have received the award within the past five years.
3. In the spirit of outstanding employee service, the nominee must have been a credit to the System Offices through dedication, interest, enthusiasm, achievement, service and excellent performance.
The Director of Human Resources will appoint the selection committee which will include the two immediate past recipients, one Staff Council member and one System Offices employee. If the immediate past recipients are unavailable, a former recipient will be substituted. To avoid conflicts of interest, committee members may not submit a nomination nor can they be nominated for the award.
The committee will select a chairperson, although the Director of Human Resources may appoint a temporary chairperson to schedule the first meeting of the committee. The committee will choose the award recipients based on the following criteria:
• Specific job performance which far exceeds requirements
• Demonstration of outstanding abilities and skills
• Recognition by colleagues and co-workers throughout the System
• Contribution of ideas, which have resulted in improved service, increased value or increased efficiency and effectiveness
The names of the recipients will remain confidential until the presentation ceremony.