The Employee of the Quarter (EOQ) Award recognizes the accomplishments of budgeted individuals employed by the System Offices. Four individuals will receive the award each year. The honor will be awarded the beginning of March, June, September, and December for an outstanding employee from the three preceding months.
Nominations will be solicited from all System Offices employees. Nominations of System Offices employees written by employees of other System Members or people outside the System are welcome also. You can fill out and Submit the Form Online.
Nominations are due by the tenth day of the month preceding the award month (i.e., February, May, August, and November) or the next working day if the tenth falls on a weekend or System Offices holiday. Nominations will remain active for consideration for two EOQ award cycles (i.e., two quarters).
To be eligible for consideration, an employee must meet the following criteria:
- The nominee must have at least one year of continuous service with System Offices in a budgeted position below the rank of Associate Vice Chancellor as of the date of nomination.
- The nominee may not have received the award within the past 24 months.
- The nominee must have received an overall rating of Superior Performance or Meets Standards on his/her last performance evaluation. (This will be verified by Human Resources.)
- In the spirit of outstanding employee service, the nominee must have been a credit to System Offices through leadership, work relationships, achievement of objectives, service/customer relations, and excellent work performance.
The EOQ award winner will receive the following:
- Pewter plate with the System seal,
- Engraved pen and letter opener set,
- One day of paid administrative leave,
- A check in the amount of $1,000, and
- Name displayed on an Employee of the Quarter plaque.
The System Offices Staff Council will appoint a five-member committee, designating a chair from Staff Council with the other four seats open to any budgeted System Offices employee. System Offices employees will know the identity of the chair of this committee only. Terms will be for one year (initially 2 terms will be 18 months) and Staff Council may grant extensions of all terms. To avoid conflicts of interest, the EOQ committee members may not submit nominations for Employee of the Quarter and are prohibited from receiving the award.
The EOQ committee will select the award recipient based on the criteria of the nomination form which is as follows:
- Leadership – sets appropriate goals for self, coworkers/staff.
- Work Relationship – promotes team efforts, interacts well with coworkers/others.
- Achievement of objectives: – how does this individual help fulfill System Offices’ mission, achieve their objectives and/or objectives of their department.
- Service/Customer Relations – committee work, customer service/relations both internal and external, and volunteer and/or community service.
- Performance – strives for highest quality of work, promotes excellence and diversity.