SSC Meeting Minutes
Feb. 19, 2020
- Meagan Kuitu – Chair
- Aubrey Craft – Vice Chair
- Amy Doyel – Secretary
- Maeci Hoffman – Rebranding Committee Chair
- Nathan Ciomperlik
- Lindsey Thomson
- Joan Muniz
- Sallie Wytaske
- Kathy Mazurkiewicz – Non-Voting Advisor
- Billy Hamilton – Deputy Chancellor and Chief Financial Officer
- Josie Wytaske – Assistant to the Deputy Chancellor
- Adam Davidson – Director, Human Resources
- Aubrey Craft
- Monitor and provide updates bi-weekly (once at each meeting and once 2 weeks in between) in regards to the status of each feedback submission to ensure accountability and progress
- Coordinate additional brainstorming/research regarding Annual Meeting feedback
- Nathan Ciomperlik
- Nathan will meet with scholarship committee (Joan, Lindsey, & Nathan) to explore potential application review process changes to present options at Mar. meeting
- Amy Doyel
- Coordinate logistics to launch spring apparel sales fundraiser
- Meagan Kuitu
- Picking-up profit check from CC Creations
- Send final write-up of feedback items to Josie & Billy
TAKEAWAYS FROM OFFICER REPORTS
- Chair Report
- Admin leave – HR has added 8 hours of admin leave for everyone, will be visible/usable 3/1/20
- System-Wide Collaboration – initiated collaborative forum among 15 staff councils in A&M System, date TBD (early March)
- Compiling content for mid-year report
- Working on invitation for Picnic
- Secretary Report
- Meeting with potential Spring Apparel Sales vendor 2/25. Will keep group posted via email on status updates before we decide to move forward.
TAKEAWAYS FROM COMMITTEE REPORTS
- Rebranding Committee
- Going to work on newsletter update to send in February that will remind staff of avenues for feedback and highlight things accomplished by staff council in the last 6 months
- Consider QR code posting as a way to spread the word
EMPLOYEE FEEDBACK ITEMS
- 008 – Healthy Food
- Wellness Works office offered to supply fresh fruit 1x/month as a pilot program. Staff Council will monitor employee usage.
- Food safety concern: needs to not require refrigeration, and be kept from contamination.
- Billy will check with Dr. Ballabina from AgriLife on additional options.
- 009 – Annual Meeting
- Staff Council working to brainstorm ways to make the meeting more engaging, while continuing to honor the recipients of service awards.
- Ideas discussed: add intermission, Q&A time (Billy is willing to answer questions), door prizes, annual gift
- Will present additional ideas next quarter.
- 010 – Events
- Measures have been taken to reduce overlap, including: shared calendar, elimination of October Staff Council events, and hold on Staff Council fundraising during SECC.
- Event ideas have been added to list maintained by Staff Council.
- Staff Council voted against combining efforts with SECC, supported by Deputy Chancellor.
- 011 – Personal Trainer
- Staff council recommends Wellness Works conduct a survey of what offerings employees want and working alongside Wellness Works to assess feasibility.
- Amy Doyel volunteered to contact local gyms for group pricing rates.
- Staff Council members prefer investment in this over the healthy food initiative, if we could not achieve both.
- Deputy Chancellor supports the use of a survey to guide options, and is willing to look into additional funding sources as needed.
- 012 – Work Hour Adjustments
- System Regulation 33.06.01 allows for the adjustment of hours within a workday or workweek, with supervisor approval, as long as a 40-hour workweek is maintained. Flexible work arrangements are also available to System Office employees for longer term schedule adjustments.
- We encourage managers to work with their employees to find scheduling solutions that meet the needs of both the office and the employee to the extent possible.
- System Offices Human Resources encourages employees to reach out with questions.
- 013 – Unlock Doors
- Some Staff Council members are supportive of this idea, to reduce burden on employees as they enter the building, and allow them to re-enter the building after 5:00 if they forget an item.
- There is a security concern regarding this item; additional discussion is needed.
- Billy Hamilton seeking input from Risk Management.
TAKEAWAYS FROM GENERAL BUSINESS
- Picnic planning is underway
- Veterans Park, 3/26 6-8 pm, Catered by J Cody’s
- Waiting for feedback from singing cadets and yell leaders about microphone needs, can save $ by renting sound equipment and not hiring DJ
- Need status update on silent auction donations
- Breakfast/Lunch with Deputy Chancellor quarterly event moving forward. Meagan coordinating with Josie for logistics.