COLLEGE STATION, Texas — The Texas A&M University System Board of Regents will convene at 8 a.m. on Thursday, April 11, at the Board Annex, Board Meeting Room, Gene Stallings Boulevard, and immediately recess to executive session.
The Board will reconvene in open session at the Doug Pitcock ’49 Texas A&M Hotel and Conference Center, Century Ballroom III/IV, at approximately 2:30 p.m. During the public meeting, the board will consider action on several agenda items, including the following:
- Authorize President to negotiate and execute an employment contract with a new men’s basketball coach at Texas A&M University
- Approval for construction of the RELLIS Agriculture & Workforce Education Complex
- Approval for construction of Phase 1 of the Academic and Administration Building at Texas A&M University-San Antonio
- Approval of the renovation of the Gilchrist Building, formerly occupied by the Texas A&M Transportation Institute, for the Department of Health and Kinesiology at Texas A&M University
- Approval of the renovation of the ’72 Wing Chemistry Ground Floor Project at Texas A&M University
- Adoption of resolutions honoring Regents Charles W. Schwartz, Morris E. Foster and Anthony G. Buzbee as well as Student Regent Ervin A. Bryant, whose terms are ending
- Authorization to execute a ground lease for construction of Phases I & II of the Innovation and Commercialization Center for Entrepreneurs and a lease of space in the newly constructed building at Prairie View A&M University
- Authorization to purchase a building in Corpus Christi for Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
- Adoption of resolutions honoring the men’s and women’s basketball teams, and the women’s bowling team, at Prairie View A&M University
- Authorization for the President to execute an amended employment contract for the head football coach at Tarleton State University
- Authorization for the President to negotiate and execute new employment contracts for the Director of Athletics and the head football coach at Texas A&M University-Commerce
Meetings of the Board of Regents of The Texas A&M University System are open to the public except for any posted executive session held in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
A copy of the full meeting agenda can be found at https://www.tamus.edu/regents/meetingmaterials/regular/
The meeting may be viewed live at https://www.tamus.edu/regents/live-streams/
About The Texas A&M University System
The Texas A&M University System is one of the largest systems of higher education in the nation, with a budget of $4.7 billion. Through a statewide network of 11 universities and seven state agencies, the Texas A&M System educates more than 153,000 students and makes more than 22 million additional educational contacts through service and outreach programs each year. System-wide, research and development expenditures exceeded $996 million in FY 2017 and helped drive the state’s economy.
Contact: Laylan Copelin
Vice Chancellor of Marketing and Communications
(512) 289-2782 cell