August 12, 2011
COLLEGE STATION, Texas –The Texas A&M University System Board of Regents will hold a special telephonic meeting Monday, Aug. 15 at 3 p.m. in the Board of Regents meeting room, located in the Board Annex of the Memorial Student Center on the campus of Texas A&M University.
The meeting will convene in open session and immediately recess to executive session for deliberations regarding personnel matters. The Board will reconvene in open session to consider items including:
- Approval of FY 2012 operating budgets, The Texas A&M University System;
- Appointment of dean of the College of Science, Engineering, and Agriculture, Texas A&M University-Commerce;
- Appointment of dean of the College of Humanities, Social Sciences, and Arts, A&M-Commerce;
- Authorization for the president to take all actions relating to Texas A&M University’s athletic conference alignment, the Texas A&M System; and
- Consideration of any and all things leading to the selection of the chancellor of the Texas A&M System including naming the finalist(s) for the position of chancellor of the Texas A&M System.
A copy of the full meeting agenda is available at http://www.tamus.edu/regents/meetingmaterials/special/.
About the A&M System
The A&M System is one of the largest systems of higher education in the nation, with a budget of $3.3 billion. Through a statewide network of 11 universities, seven state agencies and a comprehensive health science center, the A&M System educates more than 120,000 students and makes more than 22 million additional educational contacts through service and outreach programs each year. Externally funded research expenditures exceed $772 million and help drive the state’s economy.
Contact: Jason Cook