What should I do if I test positive for COVID-19 and have symptoms?
- Send an email with your contact information to the System Offices Infectious Disease Response Team (IDRT).
- Do not return to a system facility for at least 5 days (day 0 through day 5).
- To calculate your 5-day isolation period, day 0 is your first day of symptoms. Day 1 is the first full day after your symptoms developed.
- You may choose to return to work at a System Offices facility after 5 days if you are fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication and your other symptoms have improved, provided that you wear a well-fitting mask at a System Offices facility for 5 additional days (day 6 through day 10);
If you do not choose to return and wear a mask as indicated above, stay home for 10 full days after your first day of symptoms.
- Speak with your supervisor about the possibility of working remotely until you have completed your isolation period.
- If you continue to have fever or your other symptoms have not improved after 5 days of isolation, you should wait to end your isolation until you are fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication and your other symptoms have improved.