What should I do if I test positive for COVID-19 and do not have symptoms?
- Send an email with your contact information to the System Offices Infectious Disease Response Team (IDRT).
- Do not return to a system facility for at least 5 days (day 0 through day 5).
- To calculate your 5-day isolation period, day 0 is the day of your positive test (based on the date you were tested) and day 1 is the first full day after the specimen was collected for your positive test.
- You may choose to return to work at a System Offices facility after 5 days if you continue to have no symptoms, provided that you wear a well-fitting mask at a System Offices facility for 5 additional days (day 6 through day 10);
If you do not choose to return and wear a mask as indicated above, stay home for 10 full days after your positive test.
- Speak with your supervisor about the possibility of working remotely until you have completed your isolation period.
- IMPORTANT: If you develop symptoms after testing positive, your 5-day isolation period should start over. Day 0 is your first day of symptoms. Follow the recommendations above for “What should I do if I test positive for COVID-19 and have symptoms of COVID-19.”