COVID FAQs for Employees
*Close contact – Someone who was less than 6 feet away from an infected person (laboratory-confirmed or a clinical diagnosis) for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period (for example, three individual 5-minute exposures for a total of 15 minutes). Learn more about close contact, including exceptions to the definition for K-12 schools.
***Exposure – Contact with someone infected with SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, in a way that increases the likelihood of getting infected with the virus.
- I am experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. What should I do?
- What should I do if I test positive for COVID-19 and have symptoms?
- What should I do if I test positive for COVID-19 and do not have symptoms?
- I have symptoms of COVID-19, and have not yet tested or am awaiting test results. What should I do?
- What should I do if I am caring for someone who is sick at home?
- What if I need to take leave related to COVID-19?
- I have ended my 5 day isolation, and I am feeling better (no fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and all symptoms improving). When can I remove my mask?
- How do I know if I have been exposed to someone who has COVID-19?
- What should I do if I have been exposed to someone with COVID-19?
- How do I know if I have been in close contact with someone who has been lab confirmed to have COVID-19?
- What should I do if I have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 and I have tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 90 days?
- What should I do if I have had close contact with someone with COVID-19 and had confirmed COVID-19 within the last 90 days (you tested positive using a viral test)?
- What should I do if I had close contact with someone with COVID-19 but I have received all recommended vaccine doses, including boosters and additional primary shots for some immunocompromised people, or completed your second mRNA dose within the last six months (or a dose of the J&J vaccine within the last two months)?
- What should I do if I have had close contact with someone with COVID-19 but I am not vaccinated or have not completed a primary vaccine series?
- I have had close contact with someone with COVID-19 and have completed the primary series of recommended vaccine, but have not received a recommended booster shot when eligible; what should I do?