Provide our travelers with a best-in-class end to end travel solution
eTravel enables you to spend less time arranging travel, maintaining receipts and preparing expense reports.
- Access: Travelers will login through the Texas A&M University System SSO menu to access the eTravel system. Approvals will be done in eTravel instead of FAMIS, CANOPY, Masterpiece or on paper.
- Traveler Profile : Allows travelers to maintain current mileage reward programs, frequent flier miles, hotel rewards and other travel preferences.
- Preapproval: Depending on policy within your university or agency, preapproval for travel may be necessary. Preapprovals will allow you to estimate expenses and seek supervisor approval prior to taking a trip. This will ensure that funds have been encumbered and trips have been approved.
- Preapproval Foreign Travel: Currently, a paper driven two to three step process, foreign travel will be integrated into the preapproval and booking process.
- Booking Online: Through My Concur page, travelers can quickly and simultaneously book local and international flights, cars, and hotels from one single tool knowing it’s within the Texas A&M University System policies. Travelers will now have the complete inventory of travel services offered in one spot instead of going to multiple travel service sites for comparison shopping. This includes Southwest and Jet Blue airlines.
- Travel Agency: TAMUS has contracted with Shorts travel to provide and deliver comprehensive, client specific travel management services faster, cheaper and with a personal touch. Because of their flexibility, dedication, and attention to detail, the traveler can be assured their travel needs have been met. Travelers will also have access to Shorts Travel Agency’s contracts to help save money. Shorts Travel Agency is available 24/7.
- Integrated business rules: Integrated business rules are integrated with both the booking and expense reporting solution which will alert the traveler/bookkeeper if further approval is required or a certain expense is not allowed.
- Reimbursement for Travel: Expense reports are seamless and easy to fill out. With the touch of a button, you can attach e-receipts and card charges to your expense report leaving just a few additional expenses to key in. And the approval process is electronic. You will be able to track where your expense report is sitting and whether or not it has been authorized. Made a mistake? Not an issue. The approver can electronically return the report to you with a note to make corrections. Once approved, the report is loaded into the accounting system for quicker reimbursements.