BRYAN-COLLEGE STATION, Texas —The Texas A&M University System Board of Regents will convene in the Century Ballroom of the Doug Pitcock ’49 Texas A&M Hotel and Conference Center, 177 Joe Routt Boulevard, at 8 a.m. Thursday, November 12. The board will immediately recess to executive session.
The Board will reconvene in open session at approximately 1 p.m. in the ballroom.
To comply with state law and System COVID-19 standards, social distancing and face covering requirements will be in effect. There will be limited seating but members of the public may also access the meeting at https://www.tamus.edu/regents/live-streams/
The Board will consider:
- Approval for Construction of the Ballistic Aero-Optics and Materials Facility Project (hypersonic testing facility) at the RELLIS Campus
- Approval for Construction of the South Campus Recreation Center Project, Texas A&M University
- Designation of the Regents Professor Awards and the Regents Fellow Service Awards for Exemplary Performance and Professional Service During Fiscal Year 2019-20
- Authorizing the President to Executive Contract for the Head Men’s and Women’s Track and Field Coach, Texas A&M University
- Approval Construction of the Academic and Administration Building – Phase II Project, Texas A&M University-San Antonio
- Establishment of the Ruth J. Simmons Center for Race and Justice
About The Texas A&M University System
The Texas A&M University System is one of the largest systems of higher education in the nation with a budget of $6.3 billion. The System is a statewide network of 11 universities; a comprehensive health science center; eight state agencies, including the Texas Division of Emergency Management; and the RELLIS Campus. The Texas A&M System educates more than 151,000 students and makes more than 22 million additional educational contacts through service and outreach programs each year. System-wide, research and development expenditures exceeded $1 billion in FY 2019 and helped drive the state’s economy.
Contact: Laylan Copelin
Vice Chancellor of Marketing and Communications
(512) 289-2782 cell