COLLEGE STATION, Texas — The Texas A&M University System Board of Regents will convene in Laredo at 8 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 6 at Texas A&M International University’s Student Center, room 231. The board will immediately recess to executive session.
The Board will reconvene in open session at approximately 2 p.m. in the ballroom. The Board will consider:
- Approval of a resolution honoring the 50th Anniversary for Texas A&M International University
- The Quiet Zone Project, which aims to use technology to eliminate or lessen train horn blasts going through four locations at the Texas A&M University campus: University Drive, Old Main Drive, Kimbrough, and George Bush Drive
- A proposed hotel project on the Canyon campus of West Texas A&M University
- A six year contract extension for the head football coach at Tarleton State University
- A proposal to name a plaza at Texas A&M University-Commerce after the late president, Dan Jones
Meetings of the Board of Regents of The Texas A&M University System are open to the public except for any posted executive session held in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
A copy of the full meeting agenda can be found at https://www.tamus.edu/regents/meetingmaterials/regular/
The meeting may be viewed live at https://www.tamus.edu/regents/live-streams/
About The Texas A&M University System
The Texas A&M University System is one of the largest systems of higher education in the nation, with a budget of $6.3 billion. Through a statewide network of 11 universities, a comprehensive health science center, eight state agencies, and the RELLIS Campus, the Texas A&M System educates more than 153,000 students and makes more than 22 million additional educational contacts through service and outreach programs each year. System-wide, research and development expenditures exceeded $996 million in FY 2017 and helped drive the state’s economy.
Contact: Laylan Copelin
Vice Chancellor of Marketing and Communications
(512) 289-2782 cell