Media Advisory: Board of Regents to Meet Thursday
BRYAN-COLLEGE STATION, Texas —The Texas A&M University System Board of Regents will convene at 8 a.m. on Thursday, November 10th in the Bethancourt Ballroom 2300 in the Memorial Student Center on the campus of Texas A&M University
The Board will immediately recess to executive session. At approximately 2:30 p.m., the Board will reconvene in open session to consider:
- Naming a sole finalist for the position of President of Prairie View A&M University;
- Authorizing the negotiation of a Master Agreement and one or more ground leases for the development of Texas A&M-Fort Worth campus.
- Authorizing the disposition of approximately 2.5 acres in the south portion of the Texas A&M University’s Health Science Center campus as a future site for a Brazos County medical examiners facility.
The Board also will consider authorizing several construction projects, including:
- Bain Athletic Expansion Project at West Texas A&M University;
- Student Services Building at Texas A&M University-Commerce;
- Parking Garage at Tarleton State University.
- Recreation Center at Texas A&M University-San Antonio;
- The Health Sciences Education and Research Center and Western Hemispheric Trade Center Expansion at Texas A&M International University;
- Research Administration Building for Tarleton State University.
Members of the public also may access the meeting at https://www.tamus.edu/regents/live-streams/
About The Texas A&M University System
The Texas A&M University System is one of the largest systems of higher education in the nation, with a budget of $7.2 billion. Through a statewide network of 11 universities, a comprehensive health science center, eight state agencies, and the RELLIS Campus, the Texas A&M System educates more than 152,000 students and makes more than 24 million additional educational contacts through service and outreach programs each year. System-wide, research and development expenditures exceed $1 billion and help drive the state’s economy.
Contact: Laylan Copelin
Vice Chancellor of Marketing and Communications
(512) 289-2782 cell