FAMIS is an accounting system that responds to financial regulations applicable to educational institutions, in particular to the members of The Texas A&M University System (TAMUS). All FAMIS programs access a common database that allows many different users to view and update identical information. FAMIS users can be given access to numerous on-line accounting functions. These functions are spread among five major FAMIS systems: Financial Records Systems (FRS)
- Financial Accounting – transactions relating to financial operations such as budgets, revenues, expenses, and journal entries
- Accounts Payable – transactions relating to vendor payment including preparation of checks and files for State of Texas warrants
- Accounts Receivable – transactions relating to billing and payment receipt for goods or services rendered
- Purchasing – transactions relating to ordering, receipt and initiation of payment of goods and services
- Payroll Distribution – processes relating to the distribution of payroll expenses for research projects
- Budget Preparation – processes relating to the preparation of the annual budget to be presented to the TAMUS Board of Regents
Fixed Assets (FFX) Sponsored Research (SPR) Annual Financial Reporting (AFR) General Construction Projects (GCP) In addition to the FAMIS systems, our FAMIS Staff supports the Canopy, Buy A&M, and Concur systems.