General Information on Auto Accidents
The following procedures should be followed whenever a A&M System employee is involved in an accident on System Business in ANY AUTOMOBILE, regardless of the damage:
- Stop immediately and notify the proper law enforcement agency so that an official report can document the accident.
- Take necessary steps to prevent another accident.
- Call emergency medical services (911) if necessary. Render aid to the injured until help arrives.
- DO Not take any statement, oral or written, as to WHO was at fault. Any admission
- Record the names and addresses of all witnesses.
- Provide all required information to the law enforcement officer.
- While at the scene of the accident, secure information needed to complete the Motor Vehicle Accident Report (System Form 9). The police officer will assist in providing the necessary information. Do not leave blank spaces. Vehicle coordinators are responsible for ensuring accident information is reported by phone call within 24 hours to (979) 458-6330.Vehicle coordinators are responsible for providing a completed Motor Vehicle Accident Report (System Form 9) (found here) to Risk Management and Safety and the site coordinator within 48 hours of the accident.
- It is the responsibility of the vehicle coordinator to obtain a copy of the police report. A copy of the report should be submitted to Insurance and Risk Management and to the site coordinator.
- If a vehicle is inoperable, the driver should contact the vehicle coordinator for towing instructions.
- When towing a vehicle, remove the logbook, keys, fuel cards and all property, which might be lost or stolen.
For questions, please feel free to contact us.