I will be getting married/divorced soon. What do I need to do to change my name on my records and/or add/drop dependent(s) on my benefits?
When is the Annual Enrollment period?
What are the different types of Changes in Status and how do they impact my benefits?
- Employee’s marriage, divorce or death of employee’s spouse
- Birth, adoption or death of a dependent child
- Child becoming ineligible for coverage due to reaching maximum age or other limitation such as marrying (age 26 for health care), age 25 for all other coverage.
- Change in employee’s, spouse’s or dependent child’s employment status that affects eligibility for coverage
- Change in employee’s, spouse’s or dependent child’s residence that affects eligibility for coverage
- Employee’s receipt of a qualified medical child support order or letter from the Attorney General ordering the employee to provide (or allowing the employee to drop) medical coverage for a child
- Changes made by a spouse or a dependent child during his/her employer’s annual enrollment period
- The employee, spouse or dependent child becoming eligible or ineligible for Medicare or Medicaid due to plan age limitations or marrying or for premium assistance under Medicaid or child health plan
- Significant employer-initiated or carrier-initiated changes in or cancellation of the employee’s, spouse’s or dependent child’s coverage
- Change in day care cost due to a change in provider, change in provider’s fees (if the provider is not a relative) or change in number of hours the child needs care (for Dependent Day Care Spending Accounts)
- The employee or dependent child becomes eligible for premium assistance under medicaid or child health plan
A court order against the spouse of an A&M System employee does not constitute a Change in Status. Also, a change in income, which may affect coverage affordability, does not constitute a Change in Status.
If you experience a Change in Status and would like to change your benefit coverages, complete a Benefit Change Form, if applicable, a Dependent Enrollment Change Form within 60 days of the Change in Status. If it has been longer than 60 days since the Change(s) in Status occurred, you must wait until the next Annual Enrollment period to make the change(s).