This report is prepared to provide PRELIMINARY information only.
Student enrollment is as of the 20th class day for each term. These numbers have not been certified by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
- System Fall 2018 enrollment increased to 150,673 students, an increase 990 students, 0.66%, over the Fall 2017 term.
- Fall 2018 Undergraduate Transfer and Re-admittance student applications are up 1.5% from the previous fall.
- Fall 2018 Fall First-Time Freshmen applications increased by 0.7%.
- African-American/Non-Hispanic enrollment increased by 160 students or 1%.
- Hispanic enrollment increased by 1,544 students or 3.45%.
- Asian/Pacific Islander enrollment increased by 401 students or 6.26%.
- System Fall 2018 enrollment increased by 19,431 students, 14.8%, over 5 years.
- African-American/Non-Hispanic enrollment increased by 2,173 students or 15.2%, over 5 years.
- Hispanic enrollment increased by 10,998 students or 31.1%, over 5 years.
- Asian/Pacific Islander enrollment increased by 2,483 students or 57.5%, over 5 years
- Post-Baccalaureate, graduate, and professional student enrollment accounts for 19.8% of the total system enrollment.
- Females are 54.1% and males are 45.9% of the total system enrollment.
- System enrollment is 44.4% White, 31.1% Hispanic, and 10.9% African-American. Hispanic enrollment continues to increase over the past terms.
- In-state system enrollment is 89.0%.