2016-17 CATIE Task Forces and Committees
Digital Learning Integrity: Chaired by Charlene Stubblefield
Charge/Purpose: Investigate proctoring solutions across Texas A&M System institutions to determine what was used in the past, what is currently being used and what are new innovative solutions available for the future.
The recommendation from highest to lowest are as follows:
- Respondus Monitor
Quality Assurance: Chaired by Pat Abrego
Charge/Purpose: To review current practices for the development of online courses and make recommendations.
- Each institution should have an advisory council with some degree of faculty oversight in the development process of online and blended programs.
- Each institution should have quality assurance standards for online and blended courses. We recommend adoption of the System Quality Matters Consortium to improve online and blended course quality.
- Each institution should require technology/pedagogy training for faculty teaching online and blended courses.
- Each institution should provide current and prospective online students with a readiness for online learning assessment and an orientation. We recommend inter-institutional collaboration in the development of these tools.
- Each institution should develop or modify an instrument to assess the effectiveness of online and blended instruction. We recommend inter-institutional collaboration in the development of this instrument.
State Authorization: Chaired by James Andrews
Charge/Purpose: Explore avenues of partnerships among the A&M System institutions to collaboratively face the challenge of state authorization.
- Provide updated information regarding Texas and its participation in NC-SARA
- Provide information and guidance to member campuses about NC-SARA to include:
- SARA Policies and Standards
- Data Sharing Agreement
- Data Reporting Guide
- C-RAC Interregional Guidelines for the Evaluation of Distance Education
- Provide guidance through the SARA Policies and Standards focusing on:
- State responsibilities
- Participation Fees
- Programs leading to licensure
- Physical presence
- Promote and develop best practices as described in the Interregional Guidelines for the Evaluation of Distance Education (C-RAC)
Universal Design and Accessibility: Chaired by Michelle Durán
Charge/Purpose: To review and provide recommendations for accessibility in the area of academic instruction.
- Reviewed current policy on accessibility with general counsel
- Completed survey for captioning services distributed to system members
- Developed captioning tiered service recommended requirements
CATIE Standing Committees:
- Chancellor’s Summit Planning Committee: Chaired by Michelle Durán
- Software Evaluation and Collaborative Pricing: Co-chaired by: Anthony Edwards, Paul Brandt
- Federal and State Issues: Co-chaired by: James Andrews
- LMS Evaluation: Co-chaired by: Richard Schilke and Paul Brandt
- Agency Collaboration Committee: Co-Chaired by Holly Jarvis-Whitaker, Lesa Hill, Terri Parker
- CATIE IT Governance Representative: Anthony Edwards
- THECB LTAC Representatives: Pat Abrego, Michelle Durán, Charlene Stubblefield
- TTVN Restructure Representative: John Williams