All doctoral program delivered at a distance require prior THECB approval. The THECB expects all doctoral programs delivered through distance education to meet the following standards:
- The program is of high quality;
- It is delivered in a way that preserves this high quality;
- The program meets a well-documented state need; and
- The program can be delivered at a reasonable cost.
An institution proposing a doctoral program for distance delivery must have approval to offer the program. For institutions wishing to deliver an existing on-campus doctoral program, the on-campus program must be in good standing with all appropriate review and accreditation organizations. Additionally, the combined enrollments of an on-campus doctoral program and the distance delivery doctoral program must be sufficient to permit the program’s successful continuation.
- Area Notification
- Academic Affairs (Approval)
- THECB (Approval)
- Approval Form
- THECB Distance Education Doctoral Degree Proposal
- THECB Certification Form for Off-Campus Degree