A conflict of interest (COI) is any circumstance where personal, professional, financial, or other private interests of a person or institution compromise or have the potential to compromise the exercise of professional judgment or obligations, or may be perceived as doing so.
The 2011 federal regulations apply to all PHS-funded research available through a grant or cooperative agreement, including biomedical, behavioral and social science research. In contrast to the 1995 version, the revised regulations expand and add transparency to investigators’ disclosure of Significant Financial Interests (SFIs), with lower thresholds for some types of SFIs; retrospective, rather than prospective, time frames for determining the value of an SFI; enhanced responsibilities of institutions for their oversight and management of investigators’ financial conflicts of interest; and increased PHS and DHHS compliance oversight.
- Texas A&M University
- Prairie View A&M University
- Tarleton State University
- Texas A&M International University
- Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
- Texas A&M University-Kingsville
- West Texas A&M University
- Texas A&M University-Commerce
- Texas A&M University-Central Texas
- Texas A&M AgriLife
- Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station
- Texas A&M Transportation Institute
- Texas A&M Veterinary Medical Diagnostic Laboratory