The System Records Retention Schedule must be submitted to the state records administrator for recertification once every three years.
The following process is employed:
1. The System Records Management Officer (RMO) makes the required changes in the System Schedule.
2. The revised Schedule is sent to the Member Records Officers for review and comment.
3. All proposed revisions to the Schedule are reviewed for approval by the RMO.
4. The revised System Schedule is sent to The Texas State Library and Archives Commission in Austin for recertification.
5. Negotiations take place with the Commission to resolve issues.
6. Final revised Schedule is submitted for approval.
7. The RMO notifies A&M System Records Officers when the Schedule is approved and makes new Schedule available.