Implementing the Event »
How to implement the event
- The planning team and event staff should arrive early and ensure that all is in place by conducting a final walk through. (Refer to Event Planning Checklist).
- Check with the emcee of the event to provide information about any changes in the stage party members and/or program.
- Spot VIPs upon arrival and escort them to reserved seating and/or the stage party holding area.
- Meet with stage party and provide an overview of their positions on the stage, the event program, timing of their remarks and their role in ceremonial gestures.
- Advise special groups such as color guards and any other groups participating in the ceremony of their cues for timing of their roles.
- As the program is underway, coordinate ceremonial gestures such as soil turning, ribbon-cutting, awards, speaker gifts and photo opportunities.
- Coordinate with communication staff regarding timing for leadership interviews with the media.
- Announce and direct guests to post-event activities such as receptions, luncheons, tours, etc.