The Institutional Compliance practice area provides legal advice and guidance on a myriad of compliance issues that present challenges to the members of The Texas A&M University System. Check out our **HOT TOPICS** links. They contain recent changes or matters of increased importance in compliance law. Also, be sure to check out our Training links.
Those issues most often arise in the following areas of the law: Research Compliance and Scientific Misconduct; Health Law; Immigration; Export Control; NCAA Compliance; Environmental Health and Safety; and the many requirements that the Department of Education imposes upon institutions of higher education.
A compliance program is measured by the following
Federal Sentencing Guidelines:
- Oversight and interest by high level institutional personnel;
- Appropriate written policies and procedures;
- Adequate training and education of those who are responsible;
- Effective lines of communication to report compliance issues;
- Enforcement of standards through established guidelines;
- Internal monitoring of compliance programs;
- Appropriate response and corrective action plans; and
- Conducting periodic risk assessments.
It is our responsibility to help our clients achieve effective compliance programs in accordance with these guidelines.
Attorneys and Staff Members
W. Jan Faber, Managing Counsel, Institutional Compliance
Toni Aguilar, Assistant General Counsel
Brian Bricker, Assistant General Counsel
Andrea Pereira, Assistant General Counsel
Karen Royal, Assistant General Counsel
Kristen Worman, Assistant General Counsel
Bilaliah Hazziez, Legal Assistant
Melissa Parker, Legal Assistant
Barbara Winckler, Legal Assistant
Tish Garza, Legal Secretary
Sheila Hughes, Legal Secretary
Caroline Lawson, Legal Secretary
Dana Sweet, Legal Secretary