These are examples of standardized wording that OGC often uses in drafting agreements.
- Execution and modification. This Agreement is binding only when signed by both parties. Any modifications or amendments must be in writing and signed by both parties.
- Assignment. This Agreement, with the rights and privileges it creates, is assignable only with the written consent of both parties.
- Force majeure. Each party shall be excused from any breach of this Agreement which is proximately caused by government regulation, war, strike, act of God, or other similar circumstance normally deemed outside the control of well-managed businesses.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement contains the entire understanding of the parties with respect to the matters contained herein, and supersedes all other written and oral agreements between the parties with respect to the such matters. It is acknowledged that other contracts may be executed. Such other agreements are not intended to change or alter this Agreement unless expressly stated in writing.
- Governing Law. This Agreement is construed under the laws of Texas. Venue is in [INSERT COUNTY WHERE CEO OF TAMUS COMPONENT HAS MAIN OFFICE] County, Texas.
- Independent Contractor Status. This Agreement will not be construed as creating an employer/employee relationship between TAMUS COMPONENT and _____________ .
- Headings. Headings appear solely for convenience of reference. Such headings are not part of this Agreement and shall not be used to construe it.
- Provisions. If any provision or provisions of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby.
- Notice. Any notices required by this agreement shall be delivered to the following address: _______________________________________________