The Texas A&M University System recognizes the importance of fostering employee wellness. The Chancellor’s Wellness Initiative includes a two-pronged approach: incenting employees to have an annual wellness exam with their physician and engaging employees in healthy behaviors through campus- and agency-based programs encouraging wellness.
Upon completion of the wellness exam incentive, employees will be eligible for the lower wellness premium rate on health insurance premiums for the upcoming benefit plan year.
Highlights of the Wellness Exam Incentive:
- Have a wellness exam between January 1, 2013 and June 30, 2014.
- Applies to employees AND covered spouses enrolled in the A&M Care Plan.
- A premium differential of $30 per month will be added to the premium for each individual (you and your spouse) who does not complete the wellness exam incentive by the June 30, 2014 deadline.
- Retirees will automatically receive the lower premium.
- BlueCross BlueShield will record the incentive completion through the claims payment process.
- You can verify your completion status for the wellness exam incentive on BlueCross BlueShield Access for Members (BAM) website.
Contact BlueCross BlueShield member services (866) 295-1212 if you believe you have completed the exam incentive, but the information is not reflected in your BAM account.
More information can be found in the links below, including tips for visiting your doctor and checking the BAM website to see if you have received credit for your annual exam.