- A smaller, interdisciplinary, collaborative effort, revolving around a specific research or education activity, whose participants are involved in more than one academic department or unit
- Is administered by a director or agency director or someone holding a lower title
- Is focused largely on externally supported research or education activities broader than those interests of an individual department or administrative unit
- A large integrative unit, housing intercollegiate or interagency activities
- Is administered by a director reporting to a dean or agency director or someone with a title above dean or agency director
- Is focused largely on externally supported research or educational activities that are much broader than those interests of a given college or administrative unit
PROGRAMS, LABORATORIES, FACULTIES & FACILITIES
- Are lesser administrative, educational or research entities, usually residing within an academic department or unit.
- Do not require approval by the Board of Regents.