Administrative Changes »

College Level Administrative Changes

Administrative changes which involve the creation of a new college or the consolidation of colleges require Board of Regents (BOR) approval before submission to the Coordinating Board.  BOR approval of administrative changes at the college level is required because the BOR approve dean appointments and changes at the college level may have an impact on an institution’s mission which the BOR also approve. 

Name changes to a college which may or may not be due to the reorganization of current academic programs do not require BOR approval.

Forms for items requiring BOR approval:


Other Administrative Changes

 These include Administrative Changes at the department level such as the creation of, renaming, consolidation of existing units, the elimination of an existing unit or movement of an existing unit into another unit.  It would also include reorganization of degree programs into different administrative units.  These changes normally require little or no cost to implement.

These changes are reviewed and approved by the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and do not require Board of Regents approval.

Forms not requiring BOR approval:

Institutional degree inventories can be found at:

To access the institutional degree inventory:

  1. Institution Type select Public Universities
  2. Institution pull down menu select institution
  3. Format select Excel
  4. Order by Institutional administrative structure

The annotated degree inventory should include the current sections of the degree inventory (College(s), Departments, and degree programs being impacted).