While ITS does not officially support mobile devices, it may be possible to connect an ActiveSync capable phone to the System Offices Exchange server. This includes devices such as the Apple iPhone and various Windows Mobile or Google Android smartphones. To reduce complications, it is recommended that the device is running the lastest version of operating software.
For security reasons, a passcode is requred when setting up System Office email on your mobile device. The certificate that is pushed down to your mobile device will prevent individuals from disabling the passcode feature.
From the Home Screen, press the Settings button. It is the icon that looks like a set of gears.
In the Settings screen, slide the page up until you find Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
Click Add Account...
In the Add Account screen, choose the option Exchange.
At the next screen, enter the information listed below. Once all fields are filled in, click Next at the top of the screen.
- Email: Use your @tamus.edu email address, such as firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: Same password you use to login to your work computer
- Description: By default, this is set to Exchange. It might be easier to give it a shorter description, such as My Work.
At the next screen, enter server information listed below. Once all fields are filled in, click Next at the top of the screen.
- Server: mail.system.tamus.edu
- Domain: SAGO
- Username: Same username you use to login to your work computer
The next screen will show account selections that can be synced. Once options are selected click Save to complete the process. Within the next few minutes items will begin to populate the areas you selected.
- Reminders (or Tasks in Outlook)