Letter and Memo Templates
These templates are for use by staff in the System Offices in producing letters and memos. Staff drafting letters and memos for the chancellor’s signature should use these templates.
PowerPoint Template for The Texas A&M University System
I. Save the PowerPoint file from web
- Click on the web link and choose Save when prompted.
- In the window that pops up, select Desktop from the Save in: field.
- Click Save to download the file.
- Click on the Show Desktop icon (to the right of your Start button) or minimize all windows to show your Desktop.
II. Create Templates from the Saved Document
- Open the saved file.
- From PowerPoint’s menu, choose File | Save As….
- In the Save as Type: field (bottom center), choose Design Template (*.pot). The Save In field (top center) should now read Templates.
- Click Save.
- From the Desktop, delete the downloaded PowerPoint file. To prevent accidental changes to set formats, do NOT use this file for creating new presentations, use only the template.
III. Use the Template
- Open PowerPoint.
- From the menu, choose File | New….
- The New Presentation task pane should open on the right. Under the Templates heading (middle) choose On my computer….
- In the Templates window that pops up, under the General tab (should be already there) choose the template you want to use.
- Click OK.
- Once you use a template, you should be able to open it again from the Recently used templates heading instead of On my computer….