The Texas A&M University System
6th Annual Military Friendly Symposium
Sept. 29-Oct.1, 2014
Click here for PDF of invitation
Click here for PDF of the agenda Final Agenda-Revised 9-28
Click here for lodging information
Additional FAQ Symposium Information:*UPDATED 9-23*
• Registration ($25) is payable by check only, at registration table when you check in Monday. A receipt will be provided if requested. Checks should be made out to:"The Texas A&M University System."
• Update: Dutch-treat lunch will be provided all three days by arrangement with TAMU-SA dining services at the new cafeteria. Reduced prices are: $8 Monday; $9 Tuesday; and $10 (box lunch) Wednesday. You may pay cash and purchase a meal ticket each morning (EXACT CHANGE PLEASE) or use your credit card in the cafeteria. NO CHECKS FOR MEALS. The advance tickets will allow you to move through the cashier line faster. We will take a head count of meals each morning for dining services.
• Please utilize this lunch option, as it will be very difficult to leave the campus location and return within the lunch hour. And you won’t find a more economical deal.
• Parking is free. Directional signs will be posted as you enter the campus area.
• Please allow at least 30 minutes to get to the campus each morning from either of the participating downtown hotels. If you are staying elsewhere, please make appropriate commuting plans.
• Symposium guests have free admission to the media preview performance of “Telling San Antonio.” A sign-in sheet for the event will be passed out at the Symposium. Please plan to attend and support this excellent program.
• If you wish to bring a guest to “Telling San Antonio,” please indicate on the sign-in sheet so we can make an accurate ticket count.
• Smoking is only allowed in designated areas on campus.
As of 9/15: Marriott Plaza and Wyndham Riverwalk have extended state rate deadlines through Sept. 29. You may have to ask for the rate since the original deadlines have passed, but the rates will be honored if rooms are available.